Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lion is put in his place...


I love the Wizard of OZ! I think it was around the 4th grade when I would go to the library and check out as many OZ books as I could find; -especially the big fat ones with the amazing illustrations in them. I would study those drawings so much; they were a big influence on me. We currently live in a house that used to be on the MGM lot back in the day, and it is where they made all the costumes for the Wizard of OZ movie. We call it the Tailor of OZ's house. Cool, huh? I hope to add color to this one too, eventually.

-Seth

7 comments:

Adrian Ropp said...

Seth! What a great interpretation... Nice emotion on the characters, and a great choice for a scene. Your love for Oz really shows.

I guess I'll be buying this print from you as well....

S.T. Lewis said...

Beautiful again, Seth! I love it! The emotion and character designs are awesome, and Toto's a jerk. Amazing, as always.

Joe Fowler said...

Very cool. I also like them when they're colored, but hey, that's me. ;)

Jed Henry said...

VERY COOL! The reason i didn't submit the lion is coz i kept trying to make him look like this, but I couldn't. blah! But way to go!!!

Seth Hippen said...

There's color! Didn't you see the color? Wait, no, you're right. There's no color. And Toto is a jerk. I've always had a hard time feeling any sympathy for those little yappy dogs. Maybe next time I'll draw Toto getting what's coming to him.

Swanimator said...

Well done Seth. Love the expressions on the characters. This Dorothy looks like the kind of girl that could give the wicked witch a run for her money.

Audrey said...

Did you colour this yet? It's gorgeous!