Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bus Grouch


The clouds in this image are symbolic of this troubled man's life. You can't really blame him for not wanting to be around other people (which is ironically impossible when you ride a bus). You see, when he was just a lad, his sister told him that he was actually adopted, and despite that it was a joke given in the usual older-sister fashion, he never would believe anything else, despite his parents' assurances. That incident, of course, led him to the conclusion that noone wanted him, and by this he has worked out his existence. As you can see now, he takes up as much of the bench as possible to assure that a second person can't sit anywhere near him, and don't even think about trying to strike up a bus conversation.

5 comments:

Ken Chandler said...

He certainly looks grumpy, the dark, clouded sky really enhances that feeling. I am a bit surprised that he would take the word of an older sister over his parents though. Sounds like a psychiatrist is in desperate need in this mans case. Hope that bus gets there before the storm hits!

Seth Hippen said...

I like how it's very moody and loose. It's almost like a second cousin twice removed from "The Scream". It's reached depression, but hasn't gone insane yet. I bet that's where the bus will take him. On that note, happy anniversary!

Adrian Ropp said...

Nice, moody entry, Peter. I would probably keep walking if I saw that guy.

Ken Chandler said...

Oh yeah, Happy Anniversary Peter! Congratulations! ...and how many years of nuptial bliss have the two of you enjoyed? Thanks for sharing the good news!

S.T. Lewis said...

I feel kind of bad for this guy, but I know if I try to say something nice he'll just attack me for my hippie haircut or something. We'll all be better off if we just leave him alone. Nice colors and things, Peter.